Starting from the individual memories, the project will build up the social memory of a community by investigating different aspects which enhance the transition of our societies within the central decades of 20th century: family, love, work, leisure, school, gender system, etc.
By doing this we expect :
- to get elders actively involved in their community
- to strengthen the contribution of seniors involved to the learning of others, including young adult
- to value and enhance elders’ knowledge and experience within the community
- to improve the knowledge of the past daily life and its consequences in our society
- to foster inter-generational and family learning and reduce intergenerational gap
- to promote the local identity and the sense of belonging.